Are you running a garden center business? Well, as the business owner, you surely want to grow. With the right POS system, you can do that easily. The point of sale system will help you in managing inventory, streamline operations and enhancing customer support. While choosing for the business, you might feel lost as there are hundreds of options. But with a company like Retail Control Systems, you can get an affordable yet sophisticated POS system that will help your business.
What Size of the Point of Sale Systems Do You Need?
When you are getting point of sale system for your business, you are making an investment. And the sign of a good investment is that it will give you returns. With the point of sale systems, you will get the ease of running your operations more smoothly. Now, when you are looking at different systems, you might find three types of sizes,
- Entry level cloud based POS system
- Mid level system for single or multi-store operations
- The POS systems designed for large Fortune 500 companies
When you are choosing the right size, there are a few considerations you will have to think of.
- Think of the turnover of your business in a year. If it is around or below $400,000 in a year, then going for the entry level system retail point of sale system is your best call. You might think about expansion. But investing in a bigger size will not get you more returns.
- If the sale is more than 60,000 a day, then you should invest in a mid level system as that will give you the best support.
- A mid level system should come in a cost that will justify the investment. Companies like Retail Control Systems offers affordable options for POS system.
Important Features for Garden Center POS System
Once you choose the right size, the next thing you will have to think of is getting the right features. Every business is unique. So when you are choosing the POS system, the features you are looking for should be uniquely suitable for your business. For a garden center, you should look for the following features.
- Stock inventory management
- Products for plants procurement and sourcing
- Labeling the products
- Handling the botanical names and Spanish names
- Management of transaction
- Managing customers by category like wholesale, individual and so on
- Planning target marketing for the customers
- Loyalty program for the garden center
- Custom orders
- Promotions and discounts
Inventory management, product information and tagging are unique features that will be designed keeping your business in mind. And that is why you should look for the software that will help you get all the benefits.
Better Understanding of Customers
The job of a POS system is not just to help you manage the store and the sale. With the help of this software, you can get more business. The POS system will help you get a better understanding of your customers. You will understand the trend of purchase they are making. Keeping them in mind, you can target marketing your products too. Running discounts and offering combos can be easy with the help of the POS system.
Improved Customer Management
The Garden center business is very seasonal. And that is why in some seasons, your store will experience a surge in business. Choosing the right POS system will help you manage the store more efficiently during the busiest seasons. Also, integrating the iPad POS system will help you add mobility to your business while managing your customers effectively.
So, what are you waiting for? Choosing and deploying the right POS system for the garden center can be a challenging and overwhelming job. But if you look for these points, it will become easier for you to choose the right one.