Jaipur is famous as Pink City not only in India but also in the whole world and Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan and Rajasthan is known for the Maharajas and their forts and every single fort has their history so as Jaipur.
Jaipur the Pink city witness in the world for their forts and their history, actually this is the reason who become the Jaipur is one of the finest tourist destinations in India and this particular thing create the curiosity among the travelers who visit Jaipur and find out the history of Jaipur to became the Pink city.
There are no. of sightseeing locations in Jaipur but here I share the top 8 tourist attractions in Jaipur:-
- First is Amer Fort, one of the finest structures I have ever seen in my life when I saw it first so I was shocked and at that time there was first thing who hit my mind is “who did this”?, also there is a Maota lake who is like the mirror of this fort. Amber is a town which is located around 11km of Jaipur city. There is a temple inside it is Sheela Devi temple. In the earlier time, Amer was the resident of Maharajas of Jaipur.
- Second is Jaigarh Fort, which is situated on the Aravalli hills and has another name is “Cheel ka Teela”, this fort is made by the Jai Singh ll in 1726 to protect the Amer Fort and the stuff used during the wartime is still over there. Jaigarh Fort is famous for the world’s largest cannon on wheel name is “Jaivana Cannon”.
- Third is in my list is another Fort name is Nahargarh Fort, this fort is also situated on the Aravalli hills and the eye-catchy point for everyone in Jaipur or the visitors. In the earlier time, this fort was called “Sudarshangarh”, but after some time it became Nahargarh, the land of Tigers. Nahar comes from Nahar Singh Bohemia, whose sprit story makes this place as haunted places.
Apart from this, Jaipur has other places to visit which is located in the city. So let’s go back to the city.
- Number four is City palace, which is again established by the Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh ll in 1727, this place is also famous for the cultural events. When you visit it so you will know about the living style of the Royal family. This place has several courtyards, galleries, restaurants, museums, library halls, etc.
- The fifth one is the Jantar Mantar the neighbor of the City Palace, this place is witnessed the world’s largest stone sundial, who tells you the time according to the sunrays.
- The sixth one is the Albert Hall is the museum of Jaipur city and the name of Albert has come from Prince Albert who visited the Jaipur city with his wife queen Victoria in 1876. In the Albert Hall, you can find the piece of history is the armor, pottery, marble art, clay works, jewelry, coins, furniture, carpet, etc.
- Last but not least is the char Diwari of Jaipur city, where you can find out “Why Jaipur is famous as Pink city?”. When the Royal family ruled the city, Jaipur was protected and still surrounded by the four gates is Surajpol Gate, Chandpol Gate, Sanganeri Gate and last is Jorawarsingh Gate.